License to Sightsee

I’m going to be on Grand Cayman Island for two weeks and I really have no plans for what I’m going to do.  But I thought, who knows if I might want to hire a rental car and take a drive around the Island to do some sightseeing.  And that would require an international drivers license.

So how do I go about that?

Well, quite easily apparently.  A quick Google search led me to the Royal Automobile Club (RAC) of Australia.  All you had to do it appears, was complete a short form and post it along with a copy of your current drivers license, a passport photo and your processing fee.

And voila, about a week later, I am now the proud holder of an international drivers license!

I wish I had more to tell you, but it was really that easy.  Of course, actually driving in another country will obviously be a different kettle of fish…

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.